Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. I am about to begin a new chapter in my life and it is vital that I make some life-changing decisions.

Have you ever said that to yourself?  Or thought it?  

If your life isn't "heading" in the right direction, or isn't resulting in what you "think" it should... You have a responsibility to DO something about it!

Sometimes, that ONE thing that you do can be really simple, really easy.

I remember years ago, when I was going through a really tough time in my life, I just couldn't seem to get out of bed. I was going through counseling and couldn't seem to do anything more than cry.  As I lay on my bed sobbing, I heard a voice in my head say, "Get up and go clean off the table."  Seriously?

The thought kept coming to me and finally I got up and cleaned off the kitchen table.  That simple action made a powerful impact in my life! I was so empowered by the fact that I could actually get up and CLEAN off the table, that I began to heal, and take control of my own destiny again.

The voice? 

I learned pretty quickly, it was God talking to me - He cares so much about His creation that even the simplest concern in your life is important to Him. It took me quite a while to "hear" His voice, but since that day, have heard it many many times.

If you are down and out... get UP and go do ONE thing today and thank God that He cares for you!

Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds in the sky: They do not sow, or reap, or gather into barns, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Aren't you more valuable than they are? (NET)

Make it a Great Day!

Susie

No comments:

Post a Comment